Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Is Your Life Big Enough?


Everyone has some creative endeavor to immerse in, whether it’s creating a family, a home, a career, art, or community. If we don’t follow our heart’s desire, then we may turn that energy into perfecting things around us, redecorating, revising relationships, or even destroying things in order to rebuild them. In my life, I’ve lost the same 30 pounds multiple times, then gained them to make that my project, yet again.

If you don’t have a bigger project, your health becomes a project.  I’ve been saying no to flour and sugar without saying yes to what I truly want, which is to write new ideas, revise old essays, and publish it all so actual people read my work.When I make my top priorities losing weight, getting the perfect wardrobe, keeping care of an already fine home, or fretting about teaching something that will save or at least transform lives, then I dissipate the energies that could go into writing, revising, editing, rewriting, imagining, sharing, listening, telling stories, and being filled with wonder.

I don’t receive new ideas until I put the current ones occupying my mind on paper and release them to be critiqued, expanded upon, or affirmed. It really is that easy. The food always slips into the background and becomes delicious fuel rather than my main source of entertainment or the bane of my existence when I put my energy behind what I know to be the real point of being alive—sharing all of me with whoever wants it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment