Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Trusting Time over Money


By recently taking a half-time job with no managerial responsibilities, I made a very conscious decision to trade money for time.  However, Friday I got my first paycheck, and the reality of this lesser income shocked me. For about 12 hours I ran figures in my head, calculated how much I had to work to pay for the cabin upkeep, and wondered what I should never buy again at the grocery store. I’d already made a pledge to buy nothing non-consumable for a year but perhaps I would have to give up tea.

Luckily my sister was in town and we headed out to our favorite Goodwill in Brainerd to shop, one of my favorite distractions.  Without going into too much story, I needed a black bra to work with one of the tops I’d found, and Lori suggested I look around.  Ha, I said.  It’s difficult enough to find my size in a department store let alone a thrift or consignment.  I suppose every woman thinks her size is unique, but mine is truly tricky. “Impossible” was my word.

Nevertheless, at the next consignment store I found myself looking through a bin of lingerie and picked up a nearly new Wacoal black bra in my exact size—on sale for $4, a $60 value. I was astounded and ran to tell the sales clerks, my sister, and anyone else who would listen.  Apparently that wasn’t enough because I’m writing a blog about it, too.

In picking up that piece of fabric mere minutes after I said I’d never find one, I felt a message from the universe—whatever you need, or even desire, you will have--precisely, affordably, immediately.  It’s a matter of looking, being open, and allowing it to come from anywhere. Money is one vehicle but not the only one.

I can’t say all my financial concerns are relieved, but mostly I’m calm and trusting. We are so loved, blessed, and tended by unseen forces, by each other, and by this very earth. 

May I open my eyes and ears to the answers to each question, listen to nudges and intuitions, explore and let go of rigid rules so that I may be in the flow of this endless abundance of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment